BENEFITS OF A GREENHOUSE – MAIN ADVANTAGES OF PROTECTED CULTIVATION
A greenhouse is a closed space for the cultivation of fruits and vegetables, consisting of a structure that supports a translucent outer shell, glass or plastic. It is a protected place where you can control environmental factors for optimal plant growth.
The main benefits of a greenhouse are:
- Good distribution of light inside the greenhouse. The greenhouse covers have the ability to change the direction of the sun’s rays, thus evenly distributed over the entire surface, benefiting the entire greenhouse and avoiding the sun’s rays directly to the plant.
- Energy efficiency. Takes advantage of the environmental conditions, such as optimizing the heat inside the greenhouse.
- Control of microclimate. One of the main advantages of a greenhouse is to control and establish the optimal environment for cultivation. You can adjust the temperature, humidity, lighting, etc.
- Protection against diseases, pests and other vermin. Another advantage of a greenhouse is that it is very difficult to enter as it is a closed space.
- Excellent ventilation. You can ventilate the greenhouse quickly, thanks to their zenithal or side windows.
- Optimum sealing against rain and air.
- Increased production. This is a great advantage of a greenhouse, can intensify production due to weather conditions, can accelerate the growth of the plants and also allows a greater amount of crops on the surface.
- Production off-season. Thanks to the environmental control the greenhouse can produce off-season, therefore we will have a better sale price and a continuous supply of the product.
- Production in regions with adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to grow all the year. You can get more than one crop cycle per year and different species of plants.
- Optimizes the use of other technologies to facilitate the management of climate (heating, humidification, shade screens or saving energy, etc.)
A real-life example of a successful greenhouse:
Is greenhouse cultivation profitable?
The answer is very clear and it is a resounding yes. Like any project, a smart greenhouse needs to be used correctly and optimally, but we guarantee that if it is, the results it can give will be amazing.
So any investment in the production of tomatoes, strawberries, blueberries or even medical cannabis can pay for itself in no time. This is because a smart greenhouse is able to make the production work perfectly, and avoid the appearance of diseases that put hundreds of plants at risk.